16 March 2016

Sorry!

Ugh I am SO SORRY it has been so long since I've updated! I will try to start updating now. We got home March 2nd! Our kids started getting sick within a couple days of being home (all four of them are currently sick, tho the two bigs are definitely on the mend). It has felt a bit like going from rowing on a rowboat (my parenting skillz) in a calm lake (of two children) to trying to rebuild that rowboat into an ocean liner in the middle of... some kind of weather disturbance in the middle of the ocean. Four kids, ages 5 and under, is no joke you guys. The amount of time I spend preparing and cleaning up food, for example. Or making trips to the bathroom. Or getting kids to stop hurting each other (or to stop crying when the other is actually trying to be nice). I'm exhausted every day.

It doesn't help that I've been so isolated. I haven't been able to go to church since I've been home (and we can't play with friends) since the kids have been sick. Quiet times have been necessary, not just for me to be a good mom, but even for basic sanity. We're talking not crying by 9 in the morning sanity. On that note, I'm so tired. I'm going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment