07 June 2011

Umm... Eww


Viewer discretion is advised...




Okay, this is what we found on our front door-frame as we left to go see Kung Fu Panda 2 Sunday night:

I used to think cicadas were nostalgic, and I loved to hear them... buzz? hum? And finding their shed exoskeletons was fun when I was little. Whatever. No more nice bug. This thing is a nightmare.

I'm really not sure this picture shows the full horror of a bug slowly shedding its skin in some sort of skin-crawlingly disgusting swan dive. I hope I never ever ever ever see this again. Ever.

On a mildly-related note, we enjoyed our first movie as parents. Stephen thought there was too much action, and I can see what he meant, but I still loved it. and CRIED at one part. But I'm a crier...

3 comments:

  1. In Missouri they are having the emergence of a 13-year cycle of cicadas. My Facebook and Twitter feeds are filled with horror story after horror story. Be glad you are not there for the plague!

    http://www.columbiamissourian.com/stories/2011/05/31/cicadas-emerge-after-13-years/

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a cicada killing wasp building nests in our flower bed. It's pretty interesting. Maybe she can head on over to your place for a tasty treat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sick. Though I do miss their hum. I forgot how there's no bugs up here (except ticks....)

    ReplyDelete